<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.whitenoisemusic.co.uk

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
White Noise: Sweet

Friday 17 June 2011

Sweet


Since I Left You – Avalanches
Shoo Be Doo – Letherette
Stay Close – Delorean
Shy – A Sunny Day in Glasgow
Drama Cum Drama – Autre Ne Veut
The Nothing – Baths
My Girls – Animal Collective
Kim & Jessie – M83
Aminals - Baths
Gravity – Lusine
Sun – Caribou
Summer of Summer – Lone
Marriage – Gold Panda
Now You See Me – Emeralds
Rill Rill – Sleigh Bells

I've saved my favourite list til last, these are the sugar-sweet sounds of the synthiest of summers, moving between the light and dark of summer electro. Kicking off with my favourite song of all time (I know, that's a big statement but there you go, this is it), the Avalanches' stunning Since I Left You (I've left the brilliant video in there too), this playlist begins with some shining summer beats; Delorean's Ibiza-pop Stay Close shimmers with fun and Baths' most recent single The Nothing is another banger.

After a few classics from Animal Collective and M83 we move to choppier pastures, another great Baths track, Lusine's fantastic vocal cuts in Gravity and Gold Panda's unforgettable Marriage. The list rounds off with Emeralds' stunning fusion of the analogue and the digital in Now You See Me, and what is probably the summeriest track I've ever heard is saved til last, Sleigh Bells' synth-pop anthem Rill Rill (also replete with a rather gorgeous video).

P.S - I really wanted to stick Blue Hawaii's Belize into this list but couldn't find it on youtube, and after wasting an hour trying to work out how to upload it I gave up. But you can check it out here if you're interested.

Over the next week or so I'll be doing a selection of reviews of some of the best albums for summer, so let these lists whet your appetites and get some sun til then.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home